thoughts

thoughts
If you look up high enough you can see your thoughts

Monday, January 24, 2011

PE5 – Yammer

Hello from Yammer.  I hope these posts don't find you odd that these posts are close together but a lot has been accomplished and learned since the last time. I ended fairly in early in the dive into this program.  I can start to see how useful Yammer could be if it was able to be used to its full potential as a company's sense of community. 

Since there are plenty of educators reading this I will crack my knuckles and try this.  To be a little selfish I will say there has been time to think if I could/would be a teacher how would I want to do it. So this blog will serve two purposes to write out a dream I guess and to tell you how Yammer with in a school would be successful to both teachers and students.

I work in a high school teaching.  I can have groups that would include all teachers with in my department.  From there we can work on group projects or put a question out to the group that can't meet at that specific moment. 

 If I'm teaching a class and a question came up that I didn't know the answer I could ask the group and if someone is there to help out.  I could wait until the end of class to check and reply as students are changing rooms.  If students are allowed to participant as part of school you can place them in groups.  You have control of the groups so only those that you allow in will be invited.  You can even delete the groups once the year is over or project is over. 


Creating a Group
Inside the groups you can create polls or discussions about what the current lesson.

I still think there is plenty more for me to learn as I try Yammer out more.  I think this will be the method I choose for my project as a way to keep my groups together and since and additions can be sent out by email it can enhance the conversations since one post can start a conversation. 

I think that's a wrap for me tonight.   I will continue to look at Yammer and lets see what else I find useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment