thoughts

thoughts
If you look up high enough you can see your thoughts

Sunday, January 9, 2011

BP3_iGoogle Screen Shots

I have never been one to use one site for all my needs.  You could say that I'm not as organized as others but I feel that since I have a computer at work that has all my needs there that my personal internet life could be a little more impulsive. 

Since school is about computers and technology my personal internet life has taken a turn.  As part of learning about emergent technologies our task was to develop iGoogle in a way that will benefit us in the class and to better understand how we can use iGoogle to assist us professionally and personally.


The first page you see is my home page.  Complete with social networking tools that are at your very finger tips. I started this home page in the first class for my master program.  I have added the social networking sites to have it a few clicks away.

My iGoogle Home Screen

The next tab is the FSO tab for all my important school information.  For those times where you just need a little boost I added a motivational quote gadget in to keep me going.  Some times it take a little boost to get through all the work ahead.  We don't always have the profession or group there so this is a way for my to help myself with a technique I know will work for me.
FSO school tab

The CBR tab is for the Challenged based research that I need to complete for my masters program.  This tab has a calendar and to do list that will help keep me on track to work through any situations that may arise from the project.  I also learned from the previous tabs that having access to all my links is a good idea to have.

Challenged Based Research tab

The last tab is for the class I am currently in.  ETC or emergent technologies in a collaborative culture.  It has all required links as listed in the assignment.  :) Yes it is nicer when you are told what to do and include in an assignment.

ECT class tab


The great thing I have learned from this is that you can change any of the gadgets or placement depending on what works for you.  We all live in a world where your parents, boss, government tells you what to do.  iGoogle is a way for you to have total control over what you need for whatever purpose you feel like.  The more you add the better it can help you.  If you are like me and enjoy the impulsiveness of the web I don't think this would be a tool for you.  I you enjoy having all links in one place without having to keep setting you favorites on every computer you work on this is a tool for you because it travels to any computer you log on to that will allow google. (some companies have blocked it as a search engine).

I am optimistic that I will be using this in my internet life for the remainder of my masters program.  Beyond that like most things are uncertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment